Acts 2:41-42 gives us some specifics of the worship experience of the new believers. The church is made up of the body of Christ. They assembled together many of them met from house to house in private homes. They were continually devoting themselves to:
- The Apostles teaching or doctrine-today we have the written Word of God, the Bible
- Fellowship-they shared what they had in common by giving to the needs of others, participating in the activities of fellowship. This was based on their common belief in Jesus Christ.
- Breaking of Bread-observing the Lord’s Supper
- In Colossians, believers are encouraged to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to benefit each other
- There is also the command in Hebrews 10:24-26, to assemble together in order to stimulate God’s love and good works in others